The main antioxidants in OPC GOLD include:
Polyphenols: Catechins, which comprise four major epicatechin derivatives; namely, epicatechin (EC), epigallocatechin (EGC), epicatechin gallate (ECG), and epigallocatechin (EGCG). Flavonoids: kaempferol, quercetin, myricetin, and proanthocyanidins, etc.
OPC GOLD is designed to be used as a natural treatment for various chronic diseases including cancers, heart disease and coronary artery disease, among others.
Some of the benefits are as follows:
* may prevent the growth of breast, stomach, colon, prostate, and lung cancer cells. Antioxidants such as polyphenols may help reduce the risk of developing cancer as it helps kill cancerous cells and stop them from growing.
* help prevent damage to human liver cells caused by chemotherapy medications.
* help inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells.
* help reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
* help protect against the development of esophageal cancer cells.
* help inhibit the growth of human lung cancer cells.
* help lower pancreatic cancer risk.
* help lower the risk of prostate cancer.
* may help prevent the development and growth of skin tumors.
* help inhibit the growth of stomach cancer cells.
* help lower LDL cholesterol levels.
* help treat hypertension or high blood pressure.
* help reduce the risk of Alzheimer disease and Diabetes (improving blood sugar control).
* help improve night vision.
* help protect collagen and elastin in skin (Anti-aging).
* help treat hemorrhoids.
* help protect against oxidative rancidity and bacterial pathogens.
* help prevent atherosclerosis, particularly coronary artery disease.
* help reduces the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
* help lowers total cholesterol and raises HDL (good) cholesterol.
* may block cholesterol from being absorbed in the intestine and also help the body get rid of cholesterol (reduced blood levels of harmful LDL (bad) cholesterol).
* help reduce inflammation associated with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, the two types of IBD. Therefore they are to help prevent colon cancer, because IBD sufferers are at higher risk for colon cancer.
* may help prevent the development of type 1 diabetes and slow the progression once it has developed.
* protect the liver from the damaging effects of toxic substances such as alcohol.
* helps protect against liver tumors.
* help treat viral hepatitis, an inflammation of the liver.
* may boost metabolism and help burn fat.
* may improve weight loss and maintenance in people who were overweight and moderately obese.
* may help arthritis by reducing inflammation and slowing the breakdown of cartilage.
* may play a role in preventing Parkinson disease, cognitive decline, and osteoporosis and dermatologic conditions.