Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are long chain, polyunsaturated fatty acids derived from linolenic, linoleic, and oleic acids. They are essential fats because the human body is incapable of manufacturing them, so they must be obtained through our diet. Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA are essential to heart health, brain function, and overall wellbeing.
Cold-water fish such as salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines, and lake trout, and fish oil supplements can make up the difference, but krill oil’s unique composition makes it more beneficial than fish oil alone.
Krill are small crustaceans, approximately one to six centimeters in length, and are a dietary staple for whales, small fish, and seabirds. Krill exist in large numbers and are an integral part of the aquatic food chain. They feed on phytoplankton and are found in all the world’s oceans.
Krill EPA DHA is necessary for us to stay healthy: Researchers believe the optimal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 is somewhere between 2:1 and 4:1. Yet the typical American diet provides a ratio of anywhere between 10:1 and 30:1, meaning most of the population is deficient in omega-3. EFA deficiency and omega-6 and omega-3 imbalances have been linked to serious health conditions, such as heart attacks, cancer, insulin resistance, asthma, depression, accelerated aging, stroke, obesity, diabetes, arthritis, ADHD, and Alzheimer’s disease, among others. Once consumed omega-3 fatty acids are converted into DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid). DHA and EPA are polyunsaturated fats that play extremely important roles in the body, specifically in the vision development and brain function of children. One study found significantly lower amounts of EPA in the cells of patients who attempted suicide, suggesting that omega-3 fatty acids may actually play a role in suicide prevention. A lack of DHA has also been associated with attention disorders, cystic fibrosis, and other diseases.
Krill EPA DHA offers all the benefits of omega-3’s as well as antioxidants and phospholipids, a type of fatty acid and a key part of the structure of cell walls and ensures membrane fluidity even in cold temperatures, which is why they are abundant in cold-water fish and krill. Phospholipids keep cells healthy the way well-hydrated skin keeps the body healthy. Due to their unique structure, they are easily absorbed in the digestive system.
Krill EPA DHA contains antioxidant astaxanthin which is a red-orange pigment found in aquatic animals and has a reputation as the most powerful discovered antioxidant.
Krill EPA DHA is often considered a wonder product, great for treating just about anything: eczema and other skin conditions, inflammation, cognitive health and development, joint lubrication, heart health, hormone regulation, and the list goes on.
Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids (EPA/DHA) for the maintenance of good health
Krill EPA DHA offers all the benefits of fish oil with the added advantage of phospholipids and antioxidants. Here are a few of the ways it promotes whole body health:
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Helps balance triglyceride levels
- Helps support healthy brain function
- Provides antioxidant support
- Reduces pain and inflammation of the joint
- Supports healthy cell membrane formation
- Helps hormone production
- Helps development and functioning of the brain and nervous system
- Helps regulation of blood pressure, liver function, immune and inflammatory responses
- Supports thyroid and adrenal activity
- Helps regulation of blood clotting (omega-6 encourages blood clot formation, whereas omega-3 oil reduces clotting, making the goal to achieve balance between omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids)
- Helps breakdown and transport cholesterol
- Supports healthy skin and hair
- Helps balance triglycerides, high levels of which are considered a risk factor for heart disease. As both building blocks and fuel for the brain, they help brain cells communicate with each other and promote repair.
- 100% pure, no toxins and no contaminants
- All these Omega-3 benefits in a small easy to swallow softgel
Our commitment is to rigorously test each batch of all raw materials and finished products with the latest and most advanced testing technology including mass spec testing. The testing standards for quality, purity and efficacy go even beyond regulatory requirements. The resulting attention to detail, allows you to focus on what really matters – your health.